JByron Marketing, a mission-driven marketing agency located in Wichita, KS, has an exciting opportunity for a graphic design intern summer 2019 semester. The graphic design intern will have the opportunity to work directly with the JByron leadership team developing artwork and graphics for online and print materials. This internship is unpaid, but provides the chance to work hands-on in real-world situations to help prepare for post-college careers, while being mentored by experienced marketing professionals.
- Intern will work approx. 15 hours per week (can be more or less depending on specific program requirements).
- Develop artwork and graphics for social media, email, websites, print materials, and other uses as specified by clients.
- Stay attentive to project details and consistently hit deadlines.
- Communicate with clients and team members at JByron Marketing about project status, and be able to communicate why certain graphic design decisions were made.
- Be proactive at identifying new opportunities and design possibilities. Be more than just a “Yes” person.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Intern must be a current student and eligible to receive college credit.
- Experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software is required.
- Experience in WordPress, website design, HTML, and/or CSS is encouraged.
- Creative thinker with strong graphic design skills.
- High-level of attention to detail.
- Strong communicator, both in-person and digitally, to be able to communicate with clients and co-workers.
- Effective time-management, especially when it comes to completing assignments and hitting deadlines.
Interested applicants can apply by emailing a link to their online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.